About Me

My photo
A simple girl, somewhere in a simple place with lots of dreams to persue...

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

my first play

Hi again everyone! It's been a while since I wrote anything in my website but today, I'm gonna post a play created by me! 
You know, it's actually for my school project because my English teacher told me to make groups and perform a play for the next English lesson so i thought maybe i could try and make my own play. 
my play is kind of similar with the story, "The old man and his umbrella" only there's a lot of Shofia's ideas in this play. And I got "the old man and his umbrella" story from English grammar and this play is from Enid Blyton's novel called " The magic mirror" in a chapter called "clever Mr Thrusty" or something like that. Anyway, here's the story. hope you like it!

        
HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY


Jenny lives in a small town called twindle town. She is known as kind and honest in her village. She owns a little sweetshop where she sells her homemade sweets. Many people like to go to the shop because she treats her customers kindly and her homemade sweets tasted like no other sweets in the village. And because of that, her shop is so full of people everyday that she has some difficulty handling the customers. One day, Jennifer had an idea about hiring a part time worker so she talked about it with fanny, her best friend who runs a restaurant.

Fanny   : jenny, don't you feel tired handling with all these customers everyday?
Jenny    : oh fanny, of course I'm tired that’s why I'm planning to put up a notice tomorrow if anyone wanted to work here as my assistant.
Fanny   : but there are so many people who would want to work here considering the fact that you make the best sweets in town.
Jenny    : well, I'll just pick some students looking for part-time jobs so that even after they don't work here they get something worthwhile.
Fanny   : but how would you know if you could trust them?
Jenny    : trust me, I already made plans for that.
Fanny   : well, I guess I'd be free tomorrow to help.
Jenny    : thank you so much fanny.
Fanny   : it's alright.
So the next day, jenny put up her advertisement:

WANTED

A part time worker who has just graduated, honest, and clever. For interview, come to my store before the weekend
Jennifer



After she put up the notice, as fanny had said, many people are interested but by the end of the day, she finally found four people who she thinks is right for the job. All she needs to do now is test them whether she could trust any of them and the one she can trust is right for the job.

Jenny    : ok, as you all know, I'll interview four of you before I make my choice. Now, I'll interview you first while the rest of you wait outside.
So, she asked one of the children to come inside her shop to interview.

Jenny    : so, please tell me about yourself.
Leslie   : okay, my name is Leslie and I've just graduated from school. I live near here so I guess it'd be good if I can work here.
Jenny    : what's your reason to work here?
Leslie   : well, I wanted to learn how to bake sweets so that when my father comes home from work I can always give him a surprise.
Jenny    : what is your ambition after you work here?
Leslie   : my ambition is to be the greatest chef in town. I can cook a few appetizers and desserts already.
Jenny    : and are you sure that you'll be accepted to work here?
Leslie   : sure, cause I think I already know the basic steps to cook.
Jenny    : okay wait here while I'm going to the kitchen.
Leslie   : not a problem.

So, as jenny went into the kitchen, Leslie saw something on the floor. She picked it up and it was a bright coin. As she saw that no one was around, she pocketed it.
And as jenny came back, she was sad to see there wasn't a coin in the floor so she called for the next person.

Fanny   : tell me about yourself please?
Pamela : my name is Pamela and I live across the street. And I've just graduated from school.
Fanny   : are you friends with Leslie?
Pamela : yes, I am. We all used to go to the same school.
Fanny   : what are your plans for next year?
Pamela : I'm going to collage where I'll study the arts of cooking.
Fanny   : how much do you know about food?
Pamela : well, you can say I know a lot already cause I help my mom in the kitchen every day.

After fanny interviewed her, she excused herself to the kitchen. While Pamela was alone, she looked around the shop and on the floor, she saw a coin. She picked it up and as there was no one around, she put it in her pocket. Fanny came in and saw that the coin was gone but she said nothing so, Fanny called the next person.
Fanny   : so, what's your name?
Jean     : my name's jean. I live in a house that's about a half mile from here.
Fanny   : but why did you choose this shop to work in?
Jean     : because I simply love cooking. It has been my hobby for along time. And when I go to my uncle's house, I usually help the chef in uncle's restaurant.
Fanny   : so, what's your ambition?
Jean     : my ambition is to work in the 5 star restaurants and be the chef but I still don't know how to make sweets so I wanted to learn.
Fanny   : okay, can you wait here while I check on something?
Jean     : sure

And again, fanny went inside and the same thing happens to Jean. But the result was also disappointing because the coin is gone. Jenny began to lose hope. Until, she interviewed the last person...…

Jenny    : so you're the last person. Tell me about yourself!
Sally     : okay, my name's sally and I live near jean's house. I don't really know much about cooking but I know how to make omelets.
Jenny    : so what's your ambition?
Sally     : I want to be a businesswoman. And that's why I wanted to work here. I also want to learn how to bake.
Jenny    : that's interesting! Will you excuse me for a second?
Sally     : it's fine.

As Jenny excused herself to kitchen, sally saw a coin and picked it up. So as Jenny entered the room again, she was about to lose hope, thinking that no one here she could trust. Until…

Sally     : excuse me, but did you happen to drop a coin?
Jenny    : Yes, why do you ask?
Sally     : because I just found a coin on the floor and I think it's yours.
Jenny    : why thank you. I'm so glad I can finally pick out anew employer whom I could trust. So, welcome to this shop.
Sally     : but do you think I'm right for the job?
Jenny    : I'm really sure because the most important thing a person must have is honesty. And you proved that you have it. So, starting tomorrow, you'll work here and while you work, I can teach you how to make sweets so that one day, you can have your own shop.
Sally     : oh, thank you so much. I really have to tell the others.

So sally told her friends about it.

Sally     : every one! Guess what??
All        : what?
Sally     : I've been chosen to be the employer to work here!
Pamela : but how come? I mean I'm also worthwhile to work here.
Jean     : me too!
Jenny    : every one, I've chosen sally because she has the most important thing a person must have. And that’s Honesty. Do you remember the old saying honesty is the best policy? Well, that proves it. And I hope in the future, you can remember this moment. And it’s a pity to lose such a good job just because of a coin don't you think?

So, in the end, sally got the job and all 3 of her friends made up their mind to mend themselves. This story proves us that honesty is really important for us. Don't you think????     


The End
So? What do you think about it?


No comments: